Monday, November 19, 2012

ugg

Sometimes I get so frustrated with my mother.

Ever since my dad passed away she relies on us for everything. That would be fine if she gave us warning about when she'd need me to change my plans to run for her, but she calls a couple hours before she needs me and expects me to drop everything to drive her somewhere. Then lays on the guilt until I can't say no without feeling like a giant jerk.

Now I have to tell my daughter once again that mommy has to break her promise to take her swimming/to the zoo/ insert activity she's been looking forward to here, because grandma needs me to drive her at the exact time we were supposed to go.

Not even sure what to do with this situation, I don't want Maggie to think that mommy never follows through, but I also don't know how to get my mother to understand.

Just a little venting today. Sorry.

E

No comments: