Thursday, November 06, 2008

Unfair

Hi everyone,

Well, I've decided to finally share this as it's causing me a lot of stress and maybe someone can offer advice to help.

Me and hubby have decided to start trying for a baby, we're only on the third cycle now but I'm already worrying that it might not happen. No real reason why, kinda just the way I am. Just like last year when I applied to get into a very exclusive post secondary design program. The program only accepts 50 people out of the hundreds of applications they get every year. I was so convinced I wasn't going to get in that I almost didn't go to my interview. Well low and behold, I got in, in the very first round. Needless to say I got offered a job I couldn't refuse at the same time but it was a giant complement to be accepted that readily. 

So this is kinda why I'm feeling the way I am. Yes I get that most people don't get preg for a few months, but it's an excruciating wait. I've even gone so far as to looking into how much fertility treatments cost. 

Also, to make maters worse, there is a woman I work quite closely with at work who's pregnant with twins, and she keeps bugging me saying the regular "When are you having kids?" "I bet you're pregnant already and aren't telling us" then the one that hurt the worst "We got pregnant on the very first try, I'm sure you will too". How do I tell her... Yeah, um we've been trying for a little while and nothing. 

I guess it's just my life for the next little while, taking my temperature everyday and crossing my fingers.

So any support anyone can give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ev 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

while I can't give you any advice, I can totally understand how you feel, I've been trying to get pregnant for a while now too its our 5th cycle and it feels like i've been trying forever!

I do know that on average it takes about 6 months to get pregnant, so I'm hoping this month will be my lucky one,

The only advice my GYNO gave me was to relax and not to think about it so much ( wich is really hard to do)

It seems like everyone around me is getting preggo and it just frustrates me so much.

So I guess any advice your giuven I'll soak up as well! :)

(oh and I totally agree with how annoying it it when people drill you about when your goinhg to have a baby. )

GOOD LUCK!!