Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My life and Sex and the City...

I was having a conversation with some friends the other day, (We formed a 'singles support group', basically an excuse to drink). We were talking about how the lives of singles relate to Sex and the City, and suggested that the guys in the group rent the DVDs and watch them.


This got me thinking, my life has really been a lot like that of Carrie:


I have my Mr Big, that irresistible man who I've fallen head over heels for and would drop everything for, but isn't able to make a commitment to me. Yet every time I try to end things he says the right thing to keep me around.


I almost married my Aidan, the sweet homebody type guy, who would prefer to live in the mountains than in the city, yet I always knew I could do much better, but for a while I settled.


For those of you who watch the show, you'll understand when I say that quite a few of plot twists and turns that relate to the three of them have happened to me over the last while.


Also I used to work as a columnist, and now I work in communications, but still quite similar.

I guess if my life is destined to follow the show I now need to find my Russian Artist who can sweep me off my feet and move me to Paris only to have my Mr Big follow me. I guess we'll see.


I just found it odd how similar my life is... I guess life imitates art.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can cal me Boris if you want. LOL