Friday, December 05, 2008

6 weeks down 34 to go

Well as of wednesday I am officicially 6 weeks pregnant.
It's been very wild. The morning sickness has gotten worse and become anytime of the day sickness, I'm ready for a nap by 2 pm. Along with many other delights.

The scaryest part is that no matter how many times you read that something is perfectly normal like light cramping, as long as it doesn't go along with bleeding or spotting, it's still very un-nerving. As such I have an ultrasound scheduled for Thursday afternoon. It'll be 7 weeks so we should be able to 'hear' the heartbeat, more like see it, and we should be able to see our little 'embie' (We've gone and nicknamed it Embie for now)

I am so scared of miscarrying that everytime I go to the bathroom I double check. I think it's a product of reading too many things online. As, yes it's a 15 -25% chance but it's an 75 - 85% chance everything will be fine. I think the biggest problem has to do with just how many people there are online. That even if something was to happen 1% of the time there is still thousands of people to create webpages and be in message boards to talk about it. I'm also scared to death that the ultrasound will reveal that there's no baby, just an empty sac, known as a blighted ovum, as this happens in 50% of all miscarriages. Yeah I know 50% of 15-25%, so 7.5 -12.5% of the time. I know I'm paranoid, but I'll know more after thursday. I promise if everything comes back normal on Thursday then I'm done over researching everything and am just going to enjoy my pregnancy, every cramp, and burp of it.

But for now, I'm crossing my fingers.
E

No comments: