Saturday, October 21, 2006

Cocoon

Cocoon
- Jack Johnson

Based on your smile
I'm betting all of this might be over soon
but youre bound to win
because if I'm betting against you, I think I'd rather lose

but this is all that I have, so please
take whats left of this heart, and use
please use only what you really need
you know I only have so little, so please
mend your broken heart and leave

I know its not your style
and I can tell by the way that you move its real real soon
but I'm on your side
and I dont want to be your regret, I'd rather be your cocoon

but this is all that you have, so please
let me take whats left of your heart, and I will use
I swear I'll use only what I need
I know you only have so little, so please
let me mend my broken heart

you said this was all you have
and its all I need
but blah blah blah
because it fell apart
I guess its all you knew
and all I had
but now we have
only confused hearts
I guess all we have
is really all we need

so please
lets take these broken hearts, and use
lets use only what we really need
you know we only have so little, so please
take these broken hearts and leave

No comments: